SERVICES FOR PARENTS & GRANDPARENTS
Kiddie Lit Book Club: Would you like to join a small group of parents and grandparents interested in the world of children’s book? We’ll facilitate the conversations, and find you the books/media/apps to talk about. Topics could include:
- What makes a good children’s book?
- What makes a good children’s app?
- How do I write or illustrate a children’s book?
CHOOSING GOOD CHILDREN'S BOOKS
Follow this link to go to our Services page, where you'll find:
- What should I read?
- Which books for which ages?
- Choosing "best books" for children and teens
- Storybooks online
- Not just for kids
- Author and Illustrator websites
Click here to find links to the Barnstable Public Schools 2017 Summer Reading Lists
Visit Us! We like nothing better than to see grandparents and grandchildren enjoying our Children’s Room and Makerspace together; and we’re more than happy to talk with you about good children’s books -- just ask!
Are your grandkids coming to visit? Are you traveling to visit them?
- GrandKits: Contact us, tell us about your grandkids, and we’ll gather up a selection of books and media, put them in a GrandKits bookbag, and have the bag ready for you to borrow.
- Museum Passes: Plan ahead and book passes to local museums.
- Visit us! Schedule a time to learn how to put some good children’s apps on your tablet or smartphone.